Want your name listed in the credits of movies for your work in 3D Animation or special effects?
Like the idea of developing an awesome simulator for Virtual Reality?
If you are in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra or Adelaide, the Academy of Interactive Entertainment is having an open day on Sunday, 14th of August, 2016. They will be holding presentations, showing off the work of students, and answering questions about their courses, and how to get work in the film, games and simulation industries.
Students who have studied previously at AIE have gone on to work in film studios, such as Rising Sun Pictures (Adelaide), Animal Logic (Sydney) and Dreamworks, and game studio Bioware.
AIE offers courses in four fields of profession: 3D Animation and VFX for Film, Game Art & Animation, Game Programming, and Game Design and Production. The qualifications offered are as follows:
- Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media)
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- C++ Programming Foundations
- Certificate III in Media
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Screen & Media
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development
(includes Game Design, Game Art, and Programming specialist streams)
- Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)
- Bachelor of Games and Virtual Worlds
The AIE open day page can be found here.