So, we are looking for people who are interested in volunteering their time and effort, to help us with tasks on our agenda. Although volunteers are not paid to do these tasks, they can choose to do what they want, as much as they want, whenever they like.
What tasks need to be done? The tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Advertise the existence of The LAN Link Network on the Internet
- Post on and/or moderate the LAN Link forum (in part or as a whole)
- Assist LANs in advertising their events on the Internet
- Update LAN events on the LAN Link website and calendar
- Discuss ideas on how LANs could be improved in general
- Provide LAN admin with helpful information on how LANs can be run (including start-ups)
- Escort prizes from an LAN Link prize pool to various LANs in your home state
- Conduct reviews of LAN groups and their events
After one whole year of being a volunteer (and no hiccups along the way), you will be eligible to become a LAN Link Administrator.
LAN Link Administrators are allowed to vote in the decisions that steer The LAN Link Network's activities, as an organisation.
What should I do to become a volunteer? If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, let us know by either posting on the forums (preferably in this topic), or commenting on our Facebook page.
Include the tasks you would be interested in doing in your message. You will then be sent a list of questions to answer soon after. This is a necessary part of our screening process, to identify people who will genuinely assist us. People who have had a lot of experience with running public LAN parties in the past, will not need to do the questionnaire.
Once we are happy that you are capable and willing enough to volunteer, you will be provided with additional information about what you need to do, and any rules that go along with the tasks assigned to you.